- It is the Inclusion Leader’s responsibility to support the class teacher in planning for children with SEND.
- New staff and staff working in new age phases are supported by more experienced colleagues to ensure quality first teaching for all as well as specific support for SEND pupils.
- The school has a training plan for all staff to improve the teaching and learning of children including those with SEND. This includes whole school training on SEND difficulties such as Literacy difficulties and social, emotional difficulties.
- Individual teachers and support staff attend training courses run by outside agencies that are relevant to the needs of specific children in their class e.g from the Learning Support Service or Physical impairment and medical service.
- staff in the Autism Base receive specific training on autism of which some is cascaded to other school staff.