- Oaklands is a new building which was designed and built to be fully accessible for all pupils.
- We ensure that equipment used is accessible to all children regardless of their needs.
- After school provision and extracurricular activities are accessible to all children including those with SEND.
- The school accepts admission applications for children with a disability. Arrangements are made for parents/carers to visit the school, meet the Headteacher and Inclusion Leader. Parents/carers are accompanied by a member of PIMS, the Visual Impairment or Hearing Impairment advisory teams as necessary to create a plan for new pupils.
- We have toilets with disabled access and a changing room with a bed and hoist for pupils who require specialist care.
- The school will use “best endeavours” to make provision for a child with SEN or a disability. We will make “reasonable adjustments” to support a child with a disability. The terms “best endeavours” and “reasonable adjustments” are from the SEND Code of Practice 2014, page 47.